Bara Brith, meaning “speckled bread” in Welsh, is a traditional tea bread that is enjoyed throughout Wales. It is a delicious combination of dried fruits, warm spices, and a moist loaf. In this comprehensive guide, we will explore a Bara Brith recipe with a unique twist—it incorporates the added benefits of CBD. By infusing CBD into this beloved tea bread, we can enhance both the flavors and potential relaxation effects. Whether you’re a fan of CBD-infused recipes or simply looking to try something new, this CBD-infused Bara Brith will transport you to the cozy teatime traditions of Wales. So, let’s dive into the recipe and create a delightful bread that combines heritage and innovation.
- 250g mixed dried fruits (such as raisins, currants, and sultanas)
- 150ml strong black tea (brewed and cooled)
- 50ml CBD-infused vegetable oil (ensure it is suitable for consumption and labeled as food-grade)
- 175g light brown sugar
- 225g self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Zest of 1 orange
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 large eggs, beaten
Prepare the Tea Mixture:
- Place the mixed dried fruits in a bowl and pour the cooled black tea over them.
- Stir well, ensuring that all the dried fruits are submerged in the tea.
- Cover the bowl and leave it to soak overnight or for at least 4-6 hours, allowing the fruits to plump up.
Preheat the oven and prepare the loaf tin:
- Preheat your oven to 160°C (325°F).
- Grease a 900g (2lb) loaf tin and line it with parchment paper, leaving some overhang for easy removal later.
Make the Bara Brith Batter:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the CBD-infused vegetable oil and light brown sugar.
- Add the beaten eggs and mix well until everything is thoroughly combined.
- Sift in the self-raising flour and add the mixed spice, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, orange zest, and lemon zest.
- Stir gently until all the ingredients are fully incorporated.
Incorporate the Soaked Fruits:
- Drain the soaked fruits, reserving any excess liquid, and add them to the batter.
- Fold the fruits into the batter until they are evenly distributed.
Bake the Bara Brith:
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf tin, spreading it evenly.
- Place the tin in the preheated oven and bake for approximately 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
- If the top of the loaf starts to darken too quickly, loosely cover it with foil to prevent excessive browning.
- Once baked, remove the tin from the oven and allow the Bara Brith to cool in the tin for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the loaf to a wire rack to cool completely.
Serve and Enjoy:
- Once cooled, slice the Bara Brith into thick slices.
- Serve the slices as they are, or spread them with butter or clotted cream for an extra indulgence.
- Pair it with a cup of tea and savor the delicious flavors and potential relaxation effects of the CBD-infused Bara Brith
- When using CBD-infused vegetable oil, ensure it is suitable for consumption and labeled as food-grade.
- The CBD dosage in this recipe is based on the CBD-infused vegetable oil used. Adjust the dosage according to the concentration of your CBD oil and your desired CBD intake per serving.
Bara Brith is a beloved Welsh tea bread that brings together the rich flavors of dried fruits, warm spices, and a moist loaf. By infusing it with CBD, we can enhance both the taste and potential relaxation benefits. This comprehensive guide has provided you with a step-by-step recipe to create a delicious CBD-infused Bara Brith that combines tradition, flavor, and the potential benefits of CBD.
Remember to choose a high-quality CBD-infused vegetable oil suitable for consumption and labeled as food-grade. Additionally, be mindful of the dosage and adjust it based on the concentration of your CBD oil and your desired CBD intake per serving.
Whether you’re hosting a tea party, enjoying a cozy afternoon at home, or exploring the potential benefits of CBD-infused recipes, this CBD-infused Bara Brith will transport you to the heart of Welsh teatime traditions. Embrace the aromas, flavors, and potential relaxation effects as you savor each slice.
Note: Before incorporating CBD into your diet, it is advisable to consult with a healthcare professional, especially if you have any underlying health conditions or are taking medication that may interact with CBD. This guide is intended for informational purposes only and does not constitute medical advice.
Enjoy the process of creating this delightful CBD-infused Bara Brith and relish the combination of plump dried fruits, fragrant spices, and the potential relaxation effects of CBD. May your teatime be filled with comfort and joy. Happy baking and bon appétit!